Oxford, Ohio :: public university serving 23,000 students.
Web Services Librarian/Assistant Librarian
January 2018 to present
- Redeveloped libraries web services from the Drupal content management system to the Jekyll static site generator resulting in major security and performance improvements. Change allowed our web services team to collaborate and peer review code via Github.
- Lead implementer for front-line service apps and staff publishing systems such as LibGuides, Sanity, and LibCal. Extensively customized these services to the needs of library departments transitioning to online services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lead for web accessibility. Successfully completed multiple accessibility remediations on library web services in conjunction with university’s AccessMU Center. Train staff and advocate for universal accessibility in our services.
- Conducted and analyzed results from IRB-approved usability testing of libraries website. Wrote new testing protocol for upcoming usability testing of libraries discovery system.
- Created a virtual services data dashboard to share previously application-siloed library statistics with our library community using the Exploratory data science app.
- Improved off-campus access to millions of library resources by implementing guest access in our Ebsco Discovery Service system.
- Continually investigate emerging technologies to improve access and delivery of digital resources and services.
January 2020 to present
IMS 222: Introduction to Interactive Design and Development
- Teach this 3-credit course for the Emerging Technologies in Business and Design (ETBD) department, which investigates the theories and practice of interactive design and front-end web development. We also explore topics such as ethics of online interactions, and inclusive design for every person on every device.
- Cohorts alternates between first-year students starting their ETBD program and upper class students incorporating interaction design into their primary majors ranging from psychology to fashion design. Due to the needs of my students during the pandemic, I have taught every mode of course delivery from in-person, hyflex, and online both synchronous and asynchronous.
Service to the University and Libraries
- Lived Experiences: Race at Miami digital history project (October 2022 to present): member of web development team for this Boldly Creative funded project. Specialized in information architecture, content management, and accessibility on the project.
- Co-facilitator, Strategic Initiatives Virtual Spaces and Services (Spring 2022)
- RFP Review Committee for MUAccess Center’s Accessibility Management Software (November-December 2021)
- Library Games Night Committee (summer 2018 to present)
- Strategic Initiatives Professional Development (AY 2020-21)
- Search committees for Discovery Librarian (summer 2022), Web Services Librarian (spring 2019), and Social Sciences Librarian (spring 2018).
- Faculty advisor for IMS452 Senior Degree Project (April-May 2021)
- Volunteering at university and library events such as the National Civil Right Conference, search committee candidate visits, Late Night Breakfast, Explore King, Talawanda Science Week, Faculty Welcome Day, Graduate Student Welcome Night, Move-In Miami, and Copyright Conference.
Awards and Honors
- Miami University Creativity and Innovation Award (2022, November).
- American Library Association PR Xchange marketing prize (2022, June).
- Miami University Prodesse Quam Conspici Award (2021, September).