Oxford, Ohio :: state university serving 20,000 students.
Web Services Librarian/Assistant Librarian
January 2018 to present
- Created and upgraded online platforms, from online reference chat to reservation systems, customized to the needs of library departments transitioning to online services due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Lead implementor for efforts to bring the libraries online services to WCAG accessibility stan- dards. Train staff and advocate for universal accessibility in our online services.
- Collaborate with the Havighurst Special Collections and University Archives staff to design and redesign their digital services and projects.
- Improved off-campus access to millions of library resources by implementing guest access in our Ebsco Discovery Service system.
- Continually investigate emerging technologies to improve access and delivery of digital resources and services.
January 2020 to present
IMS 222: Introduction to Interactive Design and Development (Spring 2020-present)
Teach this 3-credit course for the Emerging Technologies in Business and Design (ETBD) department, which investigates the theories and practice of interactive design and front-end web development. We also explore topics such as ethics of online interactions, and inclusive design for every person on every device. My cohort alternates between first-year students starting their ETBD program and upper class students incorporating interaction design into their primary majors ranging from psychology to fashion design. Due to the pandemic, I have taught this course in-person and online, both synchronously and asynchronously.