ReAL Design: March 2007 to March 2013
Collaborated with graphic/UI designer Rick Lostutter of ReAL Design to create websites for clients in southern Indiana including Holiday World theme park, Madison Consolidated Schools, Jefferson County Historical Society, Southeast Indiana Regional Planning Commission, and the Switzerland County Public Library.
Solo projects include: Indiana Hot Luck and Fiery Foods Festival, Mudcat Pottery, the Madison Main Street Program, and the Thomas Family Winery.
The Madison Courier: November 1993 to May 2002
Special Projects Editor and Staff Writer for daily newspaper in Madison, Indiana.
- Reported on area politics, government and school activities.
- Trained news staff for technology advances including new software, Internet research and the transition from manual paste-up to computerized design.
- Redesigned newspaper and helped restructure procedures for the paper’s move to color printing.
- Designed special sections in collaboration with news and advertising staffs.
- Managed daily news product as acting managing editor.
- Won Hoosier State Press Association community service award in 1996.
- Developed newspaper’s first web site.
- Advocated for progressive changes in the paper’s community, business and culture news coverage.
La Prensa Nacional: January 1992 to September 1993
Managing editor of Latino weekly newspaper in Toledo, Ohio.
WMUB-FM: January 1989-December 1991
Reporter, program engineer, and program host for public radio station at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.