Presentations | Professional Associations | Community Service
- Tri-State College Library Cooperative “Summer Camp” hands-on technology workshops. Topic taught include web accessibility in LibGuides and CSS in 2017, WordPress for libraries in 2014, and Facebook for libraries in 2010.
- Unconference session moderator:”Annotating digital exhibits” at THATcamp CC, March 2015 and “Digital Humanities on a Dime” at THATcamp Philly, September 2014.
- “Betzwood Film Archives Project” and “Tell a Tale” lightning talks at VUStuff/Code4Lib Mid-Atlantic joint conference at Villanova University in October 2013.
- “Digital History Best Practices” with College Archivist Lawrence Greene at the Montgomery County Community College Technology Conference in October 2012.
- Discussion panel about Digital Campus Academy, a multimedia training camp at the Montgomery County Community College Technology Conference in October 2010.
- “Digital history projects: lessons learned” at the 2009 Indiana Library Federation District 6 Conference at Bartholomew County Public Library, Columbus, Indiana. 3 April 2009.
- “Digital history projects using Omeka.” Open source repositories and digital libraries at the autumn meeting of the Indiana Online Users Group. Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library. 24 October 2008.
- “Digital history projects: lessons learned” at the 2008 Indiana Library Federation Reference Division Conference. Allen County Public Library, Fort Wayne, Indiana. 1 August 2008.
- “Open Source software” for the Indiana Library Federation District 6 Conference at Ivy Tech Community College, Madison, Indiana. 4 April 2008.
- Tri-State College Library Cooperative Board of Directors, September 2015 to June 2016.
- Board of Directors, Indiana Library Federation Reference Division, November 2008 to January 2010.
- 2009 Indiana Library Federation Reference Division UnConference Planning Committee.
- Member Indiana Library Federation, 2003 to 2010.
- Assisting patrons at the Bucks County Free Library in Doylestown, Pa., every Tuesday evening with technology issues such as accessing the library’s e-book collections on their mobile devices.
- Consulted with the the Bucks County Free Library on the purchase of “creation stations” — Macintosh computer systems for editing images, sound and video — for their teen patrons.
- Maintain websites for non-profits in southern Indiana including the Jefferson County Historical Society, the Switzerland County Public Library, and the Madison Main Street Program.
- Former board member of the Madison Main Street Program a non-profit stressing the economic revitalization of downtown Madison, Indiana.
- Former member and chair of the Downtown Madison Historic District Board of Review, a municipal committee charged with reviewing structural and appearance changes in buildings and homes in the Historic Landmark District of Madison, Indiana.