Madison, Indiana. County library with 32,500 service population
Reference and Web Services Librarian: January 2007 to January 2010
Reference Assistant: January 2002 to December 2006
- Designed and managed library web presence. Redesigned library web site received ALA recognition in 2006 as traffic increased more than doubled.
- Created digital history projects in collaboration with local history department. Established best practices, designed websites, and coordinated technology, content management, metadata creation and image scanning.
- Wrote library’s state mandated 2005-07 and 2008-11 Long Range Technology Plans.
- Wrote and coordinated grants for public access computing and wireless Internet services. Collaborated on LSTA and foundation grants for digitization projects.
- Planned and maintained technology projects and public access computing.
- Provided reference services utilizing print, Internet, database and human sources for inquiries made in person, by email and via library web site.
- Trained patrons and staff in use of technology including Internet and database searching, Microsoft Office and content management systems.
- Supervised library on Sundays.
- Developed video and music collections. Created library’s new DVD collection and wrote new video borrowing policy.
- Planned and promoted library events from movie festivals to poetry slams.
- Developed library communication materials including newsletters, press releases, posters and blogging.